Headache developing within 24 hours after daily consumption of opioid(s) for more than 3 months, which has been interrupted. It resolves spontaneously within 7 days in the absence of further consumption.
- Headache fulfilling criterion C
- Opioid intake daily for >3 months, which has been interrupted
- Evidence of causation demonstrated by both of the following:
- headache has developed within 24 hours after last opioid intake
- headache has resolved within 7 days after total opioid withdrawal
- Not better accounted for by another ICHD-3 diagnosis.