Previously used terms:
Nitroglycerine headache; dynamite headache; hot dog headache.
- Any headache fulfilling criterion C
- Absorption of a nitric oxide (NO) donor has occurred
- Evidence of causation demonstrated by all of the following:
- headache has developed within 1 hour after absorption of the NO donor
- headache has resolved within 1 hour after release of NO has ended
- headache has at least one of the following four characteristics:
- a) bilateral
- b) mild to moderate intensity
- c) pulsating quality
- d) aggravated by physical activity
- Not better accounted for by another ICHD-3 diagnosis.