Non-specific headache caused by travel in space. The majority of headache episodes are not associated with symptoms of space motion sickness.
- Any new headache fulfilling criterion C
- The subject is travelling through space
- Evidence of causation demonstrated by both of the following:
- headache has occurred exclusively during space travel
- headache has spontaneously improved on return to earth
- Not better accounted for by another ICHD-3 diagnosis.
Of the 16 male and one female astronauts who participated in a survey, 12 (71%) reported at least one headache episode experienced while in space, whereas they had not suffered from headache when on earth.