Migraine with aura including motor weakness.
- Attacks fulfilling criteria for 1.2 Migraine with aura and criterion B below
- Aura consisting of both of the following:
- fully reversible motor weakness1,2
- fully reversible visual, sensory and/or speech/language symptoms.
- The term plegic means paralysis in most languages, but most attacks are characterized by motor weakness.
- Motor symptoms generally last less than 72 hours but, in some patients, motor weakness may persist for weeks.
It may be difficult to distinguish weakness from sensory loss.