- Either of the following:
- a single episode of headache fulfilling criteria B-D
- at least two episodes of headache fulfilling criterion B and either but not both of criteria C and D
- Brought on by and occurring only during sustained external compression of or traction on the forehead and/or scalp
- Maximal at the compression or traction site
- Resolving within 1 hour after compression or traction is relieved
- Not fulfilling ICHD-3 criteria for any other headache disorder
- Not better accounted for by another ICHD-3 diagnosis.
Codable subforms are 184.108.40.206 Probable external-compression headache and 220.127.116.11 Probable external-traction headache.