Headache caused by and occurring in association with other symptoms and/or clinical signs of a systemic bacterial infection, in the absence of meningitis or meningoencephalitis.
- Headache of any duration fulfilling criterion C
- Both of the following:
- systemic bacterial infection has been diagnosed
- no evidence of meningitic or meningoencephalitic involvement
- Evidence of causation demonstrated by at least two of the following:
- headache has developed in temporal relation to onset of the systemic bacterial infection
- headache has significantly worsened in parallel with worsening of the systemic bacterial infection
- headache has significantly improved or resolved in parallel with improvement in or resolution of the systemic bacterial infection
- headache has either or both of the following characteristics:
- a) diffuse pain
- b) moderate or severe intensity
- Not better accounted for by another ICHD-3 diagnosis.