Headache caused by and symptomatic of an inflammation of cervical, cranial and/or brain arteries. Headache may be the sole symptom of arteritis.
- Any new headache fulfilling criterion C
- Arteritis has been diagnosed
- Evidence of causation demonstrated by either or both of the following:
- headache has developed in close temporal relation to other symptoms and/or clinical signs of onset of arteritis, or has led to the diagnosis of arteritis
- either or both of the following:
- – headache has significantly worsened in parallel with worsening of arteritis
- – headache has significantly improved in parallel with improvement of arteritis>
- Not better accounted for by another ICHD-3 diagnosis.